Here is another baking session you can make with your little ones and that is perfectly in the season theme.
I bought a set from Central Gourmet. It is retailed at 240 pesos and comes with 5 stainless steel star cutters, a small round cutter to create the centre holes and two triangles (sort of, don’t be picky) that hold with a piece of plastic to slide over the cookies from the biggest to the smallest. Et voila, you have a Christmas Tree of cookies!
Set of christmas tree cutter set from Alegria
For the cookies
- 250 g of all-purpose flour
- 50 g of almond flour
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 125 g of cane sugar
- 100 g of softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of a 4-spices blend (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp pf water
For the royal icing
- 1 egg white
- 250 g of icing sugar
- juice from half a lemon
On ne change pas une équipe qui gagne !
I have the perfect Christmas cookie recipe my family and myself love to nibble on so there is no reason to change a winning team, right?
I will only repeat the ingredients and you can click here to follow the directions. With this kit, I managed to cut out – from the largest to the smallest star size – 3/3/4/5/7 cookies + 1 with no hole.
You can drizzle down icing sugar like I did or decorate the edges with the royal icing. If you already have the star cutters but you don’t have the stand to tread the cookies on, don’t worry. Prepare a royal icing to hold them together.
For the royal icing: to be prepared right before use
- Remember the egg yolk you used to brush the cookies with? Pour the egg white into 250 g of icing sugar and use a spatula (not a whisk) to mix
- Add few drops of lemon juice at a time and whip until you get the right consistency – when the batter forms a kind of beak on the spatula
- Transfer the royal icing into a piping bag and use a small amount in the centre of each cookie to “glue” them together