What a long name for a cake!
This cake is one of my daughter’s favorite. She can have two slices of it every time I bake it so T thought I’d be sharing the recipe with you today. It’s extremely moist and not too sweet to our taste, the perfect afternoon snack J
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 Greek yogurt – keep the pot to measure the rest of the ingredients
- 2 pots of sugar – I always reduce the amount of sugar so I used 1 and ½ instead
- 3 pots of all-purpose flour
- ¾ pot of vegetable oil – canola or grape seed oil
- 3 eggs
- 200 g of frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of lemon extract
- 1 tbsp of poppy seeds
Follow my instructions:
- Preheat your oven at 180 degree Celsius
- Butter and flour your baking pan
- In a large salad bowl, mix the yogurt, the sugar, the flour, the baking powder and the vegetable oil
- Then add one egg at a time and mix them well
- Finally, add the extracts and the poppy seeds
- Pour half the batter into the baking pan, sprinkle half of the blueberries on top of the batter. And repeat with the other half of the batter and the remaining blueberries. Don’t try to sink the blueberries into the batter as they will all end up on the bottom of the pan
- Bake for 35 minutes depending on your oven. Use a toothpick to monitor the baking; it has to come out dry without any batter on it
If you don’t have any lemon extract, you can stir in zest of an organic lemon and half of the lemon juice. I love the lemon extract as it heavenly perfumes the cake. The combination of lemon and blueberry is one of my favorite.
Hope you’ll give it a try.