Happy Sunday everyone.
I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather here in Mexico city.
I know that I promised my recipe on Thursday as announced on my social media (check on your right if you’d like to follow me) but I have been quite busy cooking – as always – studying – I just started a health program – and organising my daughter’s birthday party. I was hoping to delegate this to a service provider but I forgot that here in Mexico birthday parties are a real business and you need to book it way in advance. So we are doing it home with limited guests.
This soup is one of my children’s favourite. They used to call it La Sopa de Aurelio as they had it for the first time at my friend’s house, named after her son. Then they called it La Sopa de Marie as Marie is my friend’s helper who makes it. And now they just call it la sopa de fideos, its official name actually.
|Click here for the printable recipe|
We like to have soup for dinner so we don’t go to bed with a too full stomach. This one is super yummy, easy and quick to make – it takes literally 20 minutes! The way I make it is also extremely healthy as I make my own chicken broth, use whole-wheat fideo pasta and mostly use organic ingredients.
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 500 ml or vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup of fideo pasta
- 1 small white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of olive or avocado oil
- Juice of a small lime
- Some minced cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado cubes, fresh cilantro, tortilla chips to garnish
- Prepare all the ingredients; quarter the onion, crush the clove of garlic, wash and halve the tomatoes, wash and chop the cilantro
- In a saucepan, add the vegetable oil and colour the onion with the clove of garlic. Transfer them into a food processor or blender leaving as much oil into the pan as possible, add the tomatoes and the broth and blend until smooth.
- Add the fideo pasta in the pan and coat them with the remaining oil on low heat
- Transfer the tomato broth into the pan through a sieve to remove the tomato seeds and skin, using a spatula to speed up the process
- Cover and slow cook until the pasta is cooked, refer to the packaging instructions
- Season with salt and pepper, add in the lime juice and some minced cilantro
- Serve with some cubes of avocado, sprinkle some tortilla chips if you have as well as some freshly minced cilantro
|Cliquer ici pour imprimer la recette en français|